The development of this Project has been possible thanks to the financing of Ministry of Innovation and Science (National Plan of Scientific Research, Development and Innovation) and the European Community through the European Fund of Regional Development (FEDER)
Deimos Spaces’ unit specialized on location technologies has concluded d>Vigila Project focusing on these three main scopes:
- Provide location services to vulnerable people due to own personal situation (old people, Alzheimer patients, children, hikers…)
- Guarantee protection and security of risk groups (gender-based violence, prisoners….)
On a technical level, d>Vigila is an ambitious project that searches the interrelationship of three technological areas in order to define a series of location services to improve the life quality of the previous mentioned groups.
The main research areas of d>Vigila Project is the following ones:
- Analysis of real needs, associated to people location in defined environments.
- “Integrating” different location technologies (GPS, aGPS, RFId) in a new personal device, which could provide person location even indoors with enough accuracy to withstand critical environments.
- Assisted GPS Server (aGPS Server) that enables these devices to obtain real position even inside facilities, as well as improve considerably starting and acquisition time.
- Control Centre is the platform in charge of receiving information from devices. It is responsible for analysing data, storing them and supporting related services (displaying and real-time monitoring of people who carry the devices on the different cartographies, studying and analysing the activity history routes, managing of emergency or alarm cases, as well as exchanging data with other platforms that belong to emergency services in case of accident or danger situation….)
Following graph represents the architecture of the platform itself.